Monday, March 20, 2006

Adventures in San Antonio: Days 6, 7, & 8

Here's a recap of my last three days with Jason in San Antonio.

On Friday, St. Patrick's Day, we met up with his friends (and mine now) to see V for Vendetta. Great movie! The message, however, is very clear. If you've seen the movie, you know what I'm talking about. If you are planning on seeing it soon (don't worry, I won't ruin it for you), you won't be disappointed. After the movie, we met back at Jason's house to hang out for a while. After most had left, a few of us watched Boondock Saints to celebrate the holiday. Oh yeah, for the first part of the day, Jason and I worked on our book idea.

On Saturday, we worked on the book some more. We imagined what it must have been for writers such as Tolkien and Lewis to sit down together and work on material. That evening, we went over to Kimberly's house for dinner. Johnny, Elizabeth's boyfriend, joined us and we had a grand old time. The weather was perfect. The wind and temperature provided a great backdrop for backporch grilling and chatting. The dinner itself was fantastic (grilled chicken, salad, rice, grilled vegetables, etc...mmmm)! After we ate, we watched The Count of Monte Christo. Excellent movie! "GOD WILL GIVE ME JUSTICE." Amen!

Sunday was a sad day because I had to leave. Jason and I went to UUMC that morning, and I said goodbye to the gang. Elizabeth treated us to Papasitto's for lunch. When we got back to the house, I gathered my belongings and said my goodbyes to Johnny, Elizabeth, and Jason. The trip back was horrible. A four hour drive turned into six hours! It was a combination of the weather and the Spring Break traffic.

I want to thank Jason, his family, and his friends for their gracious hospitality! I really enjoyed my Spring Break in San Antonio! 'Till next time...

No comments: