Friday, December 09, 2016

Top Ten Books About C. S. Lewis

There are many books dealing with C. S. Lewis and his writings.  There are many good ones.  There are even some that are not so good, but they are few and far between.  This top ten list is compiled from the books that I have read only in 2016.  Some excellent ones not on this list I have already read (Devin Brown, Donald Williams, Colin Duriez, etc.), and I highly recommend them.  Others I still plan on reading (Alister McGrath, Michael Ward, etc.).
These have been a blessing to me, and I hope you read them, too!


  1. Jack: C. S. Lewis and His Times - George Sayer
  2. Jack's Life: The Life Story of C. S. Lewis - Douglas Gresham
  3. Clive Staples Lewis: A Dramatic Life - William Griffin
  4. Past Watchful Dragons - Walter Hooper
  5. The Narnian: The Life and Imagination of C. S. Lewis - Alan Jacobs
  6. The Soul of the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe - Gene E. Keith, Jr.
  7. If I Had Lunch with C. S. Lewis - Alister McGrath
  8. On the Shoulders of Hobbits - Louis Markos
  9. C. S. Lewis & Mere Christianity: The Crisis that Created a Classic - Paul McCusker
  10. Aslan's Call: Finding Our Way to Narnia - Mark Eddy Smith
Post Script - I should add one more as an honorable mention.  I read this one after I compiled my list.
               C. S. Lewis, My Godfather: Letters, Photos and Recollections - Laurence Harwood

No comments: