Thursday, March 16, 2006

Adventures in San Antonio: Day Four

Today, we slept in. It was very nice. For lunch we ordered a pizza from Pizza Hut, and watched TV for a while. Then it was off to the local book stores to do some research for our book.

When we got to Borders, we realized that neither of us brought anything to write with or on. However, Borders sells journals and such. We'll just buy a pen and a journal...so we thought. The journal wouldn't have been a problem. The pen, however, was. I can't believe they don't sell pens. There were no stores nearby either so we took ourselves to Target to get some cheap notebooks and pens.

In the same shopping center stood Barnes and Noble. We went in, found some books to check out, and found a table. As time passed, our table acquired more and more books. We found some good ones, and we found some not so good ones for our research. I wish I could tell you more about it, but I'll keep it between me and Jason for now.

After spending three or four hours in the bookstores, we headed back to the house for dinner. We watched Tarzan with Elizabeth, and then headed out to go flip some cards with the boys (some of Jason's friends). The game (which lasted several hours) was Texas Hold 'Em (tournament style), and I ended up in second place! I had a good time hanging out with those guys.

As for moving to San Antonio, Jason is up to reason #5,005 (we skipped around a bit). Well, I'm really tired now, so I'm signing off. Chill to the next episode!

No comments: