Monday, March 13, 2006

Adventures in San Antonio: Day One

Well, I'm on spring break; and let me tell you, I'm so happy. For one thing, I'm away from classes, work, and Fort Worth for a whole week! Second, I'm able to spend the whole week in San Antonio with one of my best and most loyal friends in all of the world, Jason Weaver.

It's been great so far! Jason has asked me at least a dozen times already about when I'm going to move to San Antonio. Who am I to say that I won't one day? Only the Lord knows that, but it would be fun. Come to think of it, San Antonio does have an extention center for Southwestern...

The drive down from Fort Worth only took about four hours, and that was with heavy traffic, especially in Austin. By the way, I've discovered that Texas needs something else to interest its people other than a car pulled over by a cop. Traffic came to a hault. It was stop and go for a long ways. I was thinking, something really bad has happened ahead of me. No! It was just some guy stopped for speeding or something (I really don't know), and I guess the others drivers had nothing better to do than stop and look intently.

After arriving at Jason's, we played pool, played Halo (I'm terrible now...I miss the Halo nights at Northside), went to Chili's for supper, and hung out with his friend Adam (an awesome guy by the way...very knowledgeable) until about midnight. Jason and I caught up with one another, laughed a lot, and he even filled me in on some information that I didn't know (man, that's just psycho). We're home now...I'm looking forward to a wonderful week with my friend.

No comments: