Friday, December 09, 2016

Top Twenty Books by C. S. Lewis Read This Year


A good portion of the 132 books I've read this year have been by C. S. Lewis, so I decided to do a list dedicated just to those.  Of course, who can really rank Lewis' books?  But everyone has his or her favorites.  Here is how I decided to do this one: I will rank each book according to how much I enjoyed reading it.  Certainly, I would recommend all of them.





  1. Mere Christianity
  2. The Great Divorce
  3. Surprised by Joy
  4. Out of the Silent Planet
  5. Of Other Worlds: Essays & Stories
  6. Miracles
  7. Letters to an American Lady
  8. An Experiment in Criticism
  9. The Abolition of Man
  10. Perelandra
  11. Reflections on the Psalms
  12. A Preface to Paradise Lost
  13. That Hideous Strength
  14. The Screwtape Letters
  15. Till We Have Faces
  16. Narrative Poems
  17. The Problem of Pain
  18. Christian Reflections
  19. Letters to Children
  20. A Grief Observed

No comments: