Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Adventures in San Antonio: Day Two

Sleep, sleep, and more sleep...finally, I was able to sleep. I love spring break. Today has been a good one. Jason and I had quesadillas for lunch. For dinner, we went to the Westin downtown and met his sister, Elizabeth, for a fabulous meal together right on the San Antonio River. Even the conversations were great, most of them being about relationships, and it's encouraging to hear that there are actually ladies out there looking for good men. It was an absolutely gorgeous evening. The temperature was just right. Of course, Jason asked me throughout the night about moving down here.

San Antonio is a beautiful city! Jason and I did the whole River Walk thing and took the boat tour. I learned some interesting things regarding the city and its history. Oh, downtown actually has trees. I think it's a city ordinance for businesses to have a certain amount of trees. Downtown San Antonio, with its trees and river, is absolutely beautiful...quite a sight for sore eyes. I mean, what does Fort Worth have? The Water Gardens...yeah, that was a big disappointment when I went to see that.

I also have eyes for the romantic. I am a romantic. Jason and I walked around discussing various locations that would make great dates. For example, the mall area on the river would make a great date. You have the river, the lights, and the music. Since there's music, you could do some dancing on the bridge. On top of those things, there are the stores at the mall to look around in, and lots of great restaraunts to eat at.

After getting back from downtown, we watched a movie about doing away with evil and injustice. It was a good one. Now, it's time for bed because Jason and I have another exciting and fun-filled day planned for tomorrow. In the morning, we're going to see the Alamo and some stuff downtown. I hope to do some photography while I'm there. Tomorrow night, it's off to see the San Antonio Spurs take on the New Orleans Hornets. Jason's other sister, Kimberly, was able to get us free tickets to the game. Sweet! It's always good to get to see one of your favorite sports teams play at home. Last year, I was able to see the Yankees play in Yankee Stadium, and now the Spurs at home!

This was also a cool day because I learned that my cousin William and his wife, Amy, brought a baby boy into the world. I send them my congratulations and my prayers. I can't wait to see him!

1 comment:

Taryn said...

So hopefully one day I'll date someone again and when that day comes, can you secrely pull them aside and give them tips?! Oh and we're still gonna pimp you out. ;)