Friday, November 02, 2012

Waiting Is Good

"But I don't want to wait!" We hear this so often. We think this too often. Who really likes to wait?

"When is this pot of water going to boil?" "How long is this redlight?" "Will this take very long?" "Three minutes is too long to wait on this popcorn. I want it now!" We frequently think of waiting in negative terms.

But waiting is also a good thing. Hear the Word of the Lord: "The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him" (Lamentations 3:25).

There is blessings from the Lord in the waiting period. Actually, if we take this verse to heart, the waiting can be more profitable than the thing for which we are waiting. God is good. He is good to those who wait on Him. In waiting on Him, we can seek Him and His desires for our lives.

We might just discover that the thing we desire simply isn't desirable. Seek the Lord! Knowing Him is better than anything else. Seek Him while there is opportunity.

I thank You, Lord, for being good to me by saving me and calling me into Your service. Your blessings overwhelm me. Help me to always wait on You. Encourage me daily to seek you. Forgive me where and when I fail you. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: