Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Through Christ Alone

"For through Him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father" (Ephesians 2:18).

Only in Christ can we draw near to the Father. We draw near to God when we pray. The prayer relationship transforms us into Christ's likeness, because the Spirit is at work in us. Prayer is not really all about getting God to grant us favors.

Did you notice that the Trinity is mentioned here in this verse? I was once told that Paul was not trinitarian, but here you have mention of the Father, the Son, and the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 13:14 is another good example of Paul including all three members of the Trinity.

Christ is our all in all! He is "the way, and the truth, and the life." Only through Him do we approach God in relationship. Only through Christ do we experience the blessings of heaven and eternal life. The only way we can come boldly before the throne of God in prayer is because we are "in Christ."

Help me, Lord, to have a growing desire to spend more time with You in prayer. Guide my thoughts, words, and actions. Forgive me of my sin against You. Help me to learn from the wise and to be an example to the young. May everyone see Christ in me. I praise You, my God, for all Your mightiness and holiness. Thank you for saving me. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: