Monday, November 05, 2012

Waiting for the Soul to Ripen

"My soul, wait in silence for God only, for my hope is from Him" (Psalm 62:5).

Have you ever had a conversation with yourself? Do you ever give yourself instructions? David did. He instructed his soul to wait for God. He faced dangers, toils, and snares all around him, yet David would rely on His God for help. David recognized that only God could provide his salvation. He calls God a "rock" and a "stronghold" (62:2). You should also take notice that, for David, it was personal. He called God "my rock" and my stronghold." Is God your rock? Is He your stronghold? Your defense? Your help in times of trouble? He wants to be; won't you let Him?

David also waited in silence for God. He didn't get loud or pretentious. He simply waited on God to act, for God would act and He did act. Remember that. God will act!

David waited in silence for God only. Many people look to many things for help, only to find that all those things don't help at all. In fact, more times than not, those "helps" only make matters worse. Depend on God alone. He is able! He is trustworthy! Indeed, He is God! David realized that hope, true hope, comes only from God.

How much time do you spend in prayer and Bible study? My hope is that these practices will improve as I continue walking with Christ. May God continue to mature me in Christ through His Word, the Bible, and through prayer. May He use my Bible reading and study to train me to think biblically, like Christ. Continue to ripen me, Lord, for Your glory!

Dear God, thank You for waiting on me. Help me always to wait on You and Your guidance. May I long for You all of my days. I love You, Lord. Thank You for loving me. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: