Friday, December 22, 2006

Top Ten Recommended Reading

Of the 34+ books that I have read this year, I wanted to provide a list of the top ten that I recommend to others. The decisions were not easy, but here are the ten I chose.
  1. Blue Like Jazz - Donald Miller
  2. Marriable - Hayley and Michael DiMarco
  3. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader - C. S. Lewis
  4. The Art of Connecting - O. S. Hawkins
  5. The DaVinci Code - Dan Brown
  6. The Catcher in the Rye - J. D. Salinger
  7. The Screwtape Letters - C. S. Lewis
  8. Saint Francis of Assisi - G. K. Chesterton
  9. The Praise of Folly - Desiderius Erasmus
  10. The Words - Jean-Paul Sartre

3 comments:

Bryan Laramore said...

Good lookin' list....I'm planning on reading "Eragon"...it looks amazing...hope your Christmas break is going well. See ya in a few.

Paula said...

I loved Blue Like Jazz. Good list.

But . . . have you read Letters to the Thirsty by Ed Miller? I actually found your blog because I googled that title. Anyway, it's a great book and I wondered if you named your blog after it or if it was just coincidence. :o)

Unknown said...

It's a coincidence. When I was in college, I heard a band who had a cd called Letters to the Thirsty. It stuck with me.