Thursday, January 18, 2007

Seeking Peace

Psalm 122:30-31 says, “Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: ‘May they prosper who love you. May peace be within your walls, and prosperity within your palaces.’ For the sake of my brothers and my friends, I will now say, ‘May peace be within you.’ For the sake of the house of the Lord our God, I will seek your good.”

Our present time and location is often marked by adversity. Just as David said he would pray for the peace of Jerusalem, I earnestly pray for the peace of Fort Worth, of Texas, and of the United States. I pray that all of God’s people in our land will benefit from the peace, security, and prosperity that God has blessed America with so abundantly, and that we would all live in peace.

I pray for the peace between my friends and family. Fighting and bickering often arise, but I hope we can be people who are defined by peace.

I pray for and seek the good of the place where I worship on Sunday mornings. I pray for the Church. I will seek to serve the Church in more effective ways, always asking the Spirit to lead me.

No comments: