Sunday, October 24, 2004

Turn

This poem was written during my high school senior English class. I'd like to dedicate it to the memory of Col. Bill Ragan.

Laying down the line, kicking in the verse
When I turn to Jesus, He takes away my thirst
Living in spiritual warfare
Satan, the devil, is my worst nightmare
But don't be crossed over, and don't be dismayed
Because our Lord and Savior rose from the grave
When I spend time in the Word I don't count it as a lost
When I have a problem with sin I take it to the cross
Twilight and evening bell
Reminds me of those lost and dying
Going to hell
But we Christians are sent on a mission
Jesus gave us the Great Commission
Oh, lost soul, please turn from hell
And may there be no sad farewell
Fire, fire, everywhere
Soul burning and not too fare
Wanting water, yes, living water
But there's none to be found
You had your chance on earth
And now there's no escape
You're falling like Superman without a cape
The worms crawl in and the worms crawl out
Listen up if you don't know what I'm talking about
The choice is yours so choose wisely
About where you'll spend eternity
Like I said it's up to you
Brothers and sisters listen to the truth
If you choose Jesus you will receive in full
Green grass, green grass everywhere
Golden streets and a crystal sea over there

No comments: