Sunday, October 24, 2004

O Death

I'd like to dedicate this poem to Dr. Jerry A. Pickard. It was during one of his sermons covering 1 Corinthians 15:55 that inspired me to put pen to paper on March 14, 1999. Wow, that was back when I was a senior in high school.

O Death, where is your victory
O Death, where is your sting
Through Christ I can do anything
Turn off the world and tune Jesus in
We should all die because of our sin
But at the cross, the cross of Calvary
Jesus paid the price for you and me
Oh soul, oh soul, when will you turn?
Oh soul, oh soul, when will you learn?
Oh Death, where is your sting?
Must I remind you
To count your blessings one by one
It was there, oh there, on the old rugged cross
I was no longer counted as a loss
Because there is nothing but the blood
There is power in the blood
Are you washed in the blood?
I am His and He is mine
Christ will be with me throughout all time

No comments: