Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Top 25 Most Influential Books (Updated)

Here's the list for 2006. You can check the November archives for the 2004 and 2005 lists. Keep in mind that no book has influenced my life on the same level as the Bible. I recommend you read it first.

  • To Follow Him - Mark Bailey
  • Marriable - Hayley & Michael DiMarco
  • The Mind of Christ - T. W. Hunt
  • The Power of Love - David Jeremiah
  • Knowing God - J. I. Packer
  • Dangerous Wonder - Michael Yaconelli
  • Orthodoxy - G. K. Chesterton
  • The Case for Christ - Lee Strobel
  • The Case for Faith - Lee Strobel
  • Can Man Live Without God - Ravi Zacharias
  • Jesus Among Other Gods - Ravi Zacharias
  • Mere Christianity - C. S. Lewis
  • The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of The Dawn Treader - C. S. Lewis
  • Why I Am a Christian - Norman Geisler & Paul Hoffman
  • Why I Believe - D. James Kennedy
  • The Ten Things You Can't Say In America - Larry Elder
  • Love Your God With All Your Mind - J. P. Moreland
  • Worship: Rediscovering the Missing Jewel - Ronald Allen & Gordon Borror
  • Blue Like Jazz - Donald Miller
  • Give Me a Break - John Stossel
  • Loving God - Charles Colson
  • Foxe's Book of Martyrs
  • Pilgrim's Progress - John Bunyan
  • A Guide to Spiritual Success - Tony Evans
  • The Cost of Discipleship - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

3 comments:

-M. said...

I'm glad/shudder that you had room for a snarky take on singlehood on your most influential list.

I thought we were the biggest lightweights on your list until I saw Stossel. Bless his heart.

When do Hayley and I come to SWTBS to pick up our award?!

Bryan Laramore said...

that's awesome....awesome...

Shepway Writers said...

Hello, I'm not religious but I like your blog and your commitment.
Influential books. How about
TO THE EDGE OF THE SKY by Anhua Gao? Read it and dare say it doesn't belong on your list!
Published by Penguin in UK,
Overlook in US. Five stars with Amazon.
Good wishes for the festive season.
Harry - Shepway Writers, Folkestone, England.