Thursday, January 12, 2006

And He's Off...

A lot has happened in these first twelve days of 2006, so I will update you on a few of the high points.
  1. We grilled out at the Leverett residence (we meaning me, my family, and some of my friends), and then enjoyed a time of playing with fireworks. Ashley, Jesse, my dad, and I kept the yard pretty well lit up for a while with pyrotechnic displays.
  2. I left on that Sunday night.
  3. The very next day, Tuesday, I started a one week I-term class called The Christian Ministry. It was a great way to get three credit hours done. Too bad we can't do every class one week at a time like that.
  4. On the following Monday, I got a job at the school with the Physical Plant. I am on the Housing Make Ready crew, which means I get to make sure student housing is clean and ready for move-in. It's great to be working again.
  5. Tuesday, I got moved into my new house. I am living with the noble Dean Pickard. I met Dean on my very first day at Southwestern. We had orientation together and we were given the same advisor (not to mention that we've had quite a few classes together). Josh Slocum will also be joining us in the house soon. Good times! The house is amazing, and I'm kind of glad to be out of the dorm (hehe).
  6. That brings me to today. Today marks the beggining of yet another semester of school. I arranged my schedule so all my classes will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays, freeing me up to work on the other days. This semester I'm taking Leadership for Christian Ministry, Systematic Theology II, Old Testament II, and Applied Ministry.

Well those are just a few points of interest. I have enjoyed seeing my friends again and look forward to catching up with some others (and maybe even make some new friends). I also want to thank the Russells for considering me as if I were their own son.

That's about it for now. Stay up and may the Lord bless you. Much love!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Today is my last first day of school ever! :-D