Thursday, October 13, 2005

Up, Up, Up On the Roof

Last night, I had planned on going right to bed at an early time (11:30). However, when I got back to the dorm I ran into Jerry and Grant, who invited me to join them (along with Josh and Jason) on the roof of Fort Worth Hall. So, needless to say, I decided to spend a little bit of time hanging out with the boys, and I went up on the roof.

We were having a great time! The view was pretty good. A few stars (those that weren't masked by the lights of Fort Worth) could be seen. The moon was bright. We laughed together. Josh and I had a serious conversation. Then it happened.

We were spotted by two fellow Fort Worth Hall residents. These two proceeded to go to the second floor RA, Anthony, and tell on us. Everyone loves a tattle tale. Well, of course, Anthony, who is a really cool guy, marched up the steps to the roof and told us that we couldn't be up there. We all thought that he was joking.

Well, he wasn't joking. In fact, he threatened to call security. We were like, "You've got to be kidding me." We ended up sitting on the east steps of Fort Worth Hall. Josh and Grant werent too happy about what had transpired. Jerry, Jason, and I had the attitude of "whatever". The two guys who tattled on us came walking up with giant smiles on their faces. We remained silent. I found out that one of the guys was responsible for setting the fire alarm off because he had some trouble cooking popcorn in the microwave.

Today we recieved a message from the housing director about how we shouldn't go up on the roof for our safety (even though the roof has railing) and if anyone is caught, security would be called.

I will miss being on the roof. Even though I had only been up there three times, it had become a special place. I know Josh had been going up there for about a year. It's quiet. You can actually get a good cell phone signal up there. The first time I went up there was with Josh after he found out that his parents were selling his childhood home and buying a new house (visit Trigun's Universe for more info). The second time I went up was alone to read Scripture and pray. It was a beautiful night of worshiping my Creator and praying for my friends. The third time, I was kicked off.

I'm not really angry. I'm just disappointed. There's really nothing for us to do on this campus. I really feel sorry for the college students. Well, I've ranted on enough for now. Until next time, behave; and if you can't behave, be careful!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you come up, I'll show you how to pick the lock on the door of the punk that told on you. Quick in, quick out, no witnesses, & no questions asked. After that the fun really starts!

Kristen said...

Hey Bob, When I was in college, we weren't allowed to be on the roof of our dorm either, but on special occassions, we snuck out there anyway, and the night before one of my very best friends graduated, we even lit a few sparklers! Those "forbidden" nights hanging out on the roof are some of my favorite memories.

Trigun said...

It's a bunch of crap! I'm still going up there anyway. All security will do is just tell me to come back down and no one really pays attention up there anyway. I really hate seminary students (no offense to any present company).

Taryn said...

That's hilarious. It proves the theory--Fort Worth Hall boys=trouble. ;)