Thursday, September 08, 2005

Genesis 3:6-13



This is my translation from the Hebrew text.

"Then the woman saw that the tree was good for food and that it was a thing desirable to the eyes and the tree was desirable to make one wise. So she took from its fruit, and she ate. Then she gave also to her husband close by, and he ate. Then the eyes of both were opened, and they realized that they were naked. So they sewed together fig leaves, and they made for themselves loin coverings. Then they heard the sound of Yahweh God walking around in the garden in the cool of the day. Then the man and his wife hid themselves from the face of Yahweh God in the midst of the trees of the garden. Then Yahweh God called to the man and He said to him, 'Where are you?' Then he said, 'I heard your sound in the garden and I was afraid because I was naked. So I hid myself.' Then He said, 'Who told you that you are naked? Did you eat from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from it?' Then the man said, 'The woman that you gave to be with me, she gave to me from the tree, and I ate.' Then Yahweh God said to the woman, 'What is this that you have done?' Then the woman said, 'The serpent beguiled me, and I ate.'"

No comments: