Monday, September 26, 2005

Fire Alarm

What is it about dorms and fire alarms? At the liberal arts university that I went to, Georgia College & State University, people pulled the fire alarm all the time. It was pretty much the same at Georgia Southern.

We now have a college at Southwestern, and guess what, it's happening here. I just happened to be getting some good rest when I heard, "Aaaannkkk, Aaaannkkk, Aaaannkk!!!" I was like, "You've got to be kidding me."

So I threw on some shorts and a shirt and joined a few other guys who appeared to be enjoying their sleep as well. I decided to walk over to the Student Center to check my mail, and on my way back I heard and saw the fire truck driving up to the dorm. When it stopped, three firemen jump out and go inside. Of course, there was no fire, but they have to check these things out.

I saw a few friends while I waited outside. They were telling me what they were doing when the alarm sounded. Snuggles was sleeping. Chase was in the shower. Earls wasn't happy that he had to use the stairs. Jerry was wide awake and proceeded to investigate for himself what was going on (I think he used to be a fireman). A few guys were in the middle of cooking lunch, and Daniel was his usual laid back, cheerful self.

Well, I guess I will start working on some homework, now that I'm up and awake. For those of you who have missed out on dorm life, I'm sorry. Ah, good times!

No comments: