Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Trains, Trains, Trains

Every day is a new day.
Every day is a venture.
One thing is for certain, I say,
Adventure will be the future.



On the way to dropping off the kids at school this morning, we were held up by a train at around 7:45 in Pinehurst, Georgia.  The train was moving.  This usually doesn't take long.  But I also noticed that it seemed to be slowing down.  Well, it was raining at this point.   Makes sense for the train to slow down.  But then it completely stopped, blocking the road.  I thought, no big deal, I'll just go down to the other road to get to the school.  Nope, that way was blocked, too.  I also noticed at this point that the van was nearly empty.  It was warning me that there was only 22 miles to empty.  So I go back to the gas station that's nearby, thinking that when I get back the train will surely be gone.  I get the gas, come back, and the train is still there.  By this time, cars were everywhere.  Finally, at around 8:20, the train started moving again, but very slowly.  This must have been the longest train in the world.  Finally it gets by us, and we can get on to the school.  I drop the girls off, get back on the road I came from, and guess what.  Another train!  Moving slowly!  No, not again!  By the way, I'm trying at this point to get my son to the babysitter.  That train finally clears.  We drive down the interstate, get off at the first Vienna exit, get in town, and what do I see?  Crossing bars and lights flashing at the track.  Ahh!  This is the second train again.  I beat it to Vienna, only to be held up again.  That train gets by, I get Malachi almost to the sitter's house, and like running into a wall of water, it begins pouring rain. It's been a fun day so far!  Is that a train whistle I hear in the distance?...

No comments: