Saturday, February 17, 2007

Honestly...

My friend Bryan, one of the Blue Shirt Saints, and I were discussing the subject of blogging yesterday morning. We are having a little trouble understanding why administrative leaders and chapel speakers come down so hard on bloggers.

My friend raised the point that Martin Luther, when writing his treatises and requesting discussion from the leaders of his day, was in fact doing the exact same thing as those whose pen and paper is a computer. In other words, if Luther were alive today, he would be a blogger. Bryan's Church History professor even confirmed that there was no difference from what Luther was doing and what bloggers are doing now.

Of course, Luther got into a lot of trouble for his writings, and he came under a lot of fire from Rome. Likewise, bloggers come under a lot of heat from the Hill. Why did Luther get into trouble? Why do bloggers come under fire today? I'll tell you why. It's because Luther and the bloggers present challenges that the elite aren't willing answer with honesty.

My question: whatever happened to open discussions? Indeed, what happened to truth and honesty?

5 comments:

Bryan Laramore said...

an answer will not come quickly enough to that question, b-lev...good post....

Kristen said...

LOL. I didn't even know I was being controversial this time! Gosh. I just can't stay out of trouble!

Bryan Laramore said...

nice post over on grace and truth...that's hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Forever to be known as:

Dr. Brian "Luther" Leverette

;)

Tim Dahl

Unknown said...

Good point! I second Tim Dahl. Keep on blogging Dr. Leverett!