Wednesday, August 30, 2006

A Swinging Good Time

My wonderful girlfriend and I went swing dancing last night. We, along with Dave, Kristi, and Chris, learned a dance called the Charleston. Since this was my first time I was a little tense and slow to learn the steps. However, I must say that I enjoyed dancing with Amy and making fun of myself along the way. I think Dave laughed a few times as well.

I've been wanting to take dance lessons for quite some time, and I'm glad I finally went last night. I highly recommend it to anyone (young and old). There were even a few old men out who still had the moves. I hope I'm still that active in my 80s.

The Charleston is a little complicated at first, but the instructors took us through it piece by piece. I could almost do the dance with my partner Amy in its entirety by the end of the session. My shoes just wouldn't slide like I wanted. I also learned some basic moves thanks to Dave. He taught me things like the triple step and the turn.

Bottom line: I had fun and I look forward to doing it again!

1 comment:

Tim Dahl said...

Brian,

Were you at the last chapel? Do you know anythign about Rev. W. Dwight McKissic, and his chapel sermon? I don't guess that anyone has a copy of it, eh?

Tim

P.s. And, remind me when we were supposed to try to hang out again?