Monday, May 01, 2006

Rest

Isn’t it amazing how so few people can just sit down and remain silent for thirty minutes or more? How come so few people can stand their own company without having to have a crutch such as TV, games, telephone, music, computer, books, etc.? Now, there’s nothing wrong with doing these things, but we also need to take time to rest. Jesus said to his disciples, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and rest” (Mark 6:31 NIV). I readily admit that I don’t do this nearly enough, but I can definitely see the value in quietly resting alone--just the Lord and me. I cherish those times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, you've rested enough. It's time to update!

:-)

Tim Dahl said...

As I read this...In the midst of saying, "Amen! You tell 'em Brian!" I realize that I have "Casting Crowns" playing in the background!!! It made me laugh...and then sigh.

Tim