Sunday, November 14, 2004

Top 25 Most Influential Books

I thought that I would go through my library and choose the top 25 books that have influenced my thinking the most. I do want it to be known that no book has changed my life in the way that the Bible has. There simply is no substitute! I like the words of that old bluegrass tune, "I'm using my Bible for a roadmap." Anyway, here's the list, and I intend on updating it twice a year as I continue to read more and more books. They are listed in no particular order. As my seminary president, Dr. Paige Patterson, likes to say, "We may not eat, but we will read."

  • To Follow Him - Mark Bailey
  • The Doctrine of Prayer - T. W. Hunt
  • The Mind of Christ - T. W. Hunt
  • The Power of Love - David Jeremiah
  • Knowing God - J. I. Packer
  • Dangerous Wonder - Michael Yaconelli
  • Orthodoxy - G. K. Chesterton
  • The Case for Christ - Lee Strobel
  • The Case for Faith - Lee Strobel
  • Can Man Live Without God - Ravi Zacharias
  • Jesus Among Other Gods - Ravi Zacharias
  • Mere Christianity - C. S. Lewis
  • Theologians of the Baptist Tradition - Timothy George & David Dockery
  • Why I Am a Christian - Norman Geisler & Paul Hoffman
  • Why I Believe - D. James Kennedy
  • The Ten Things You Can't Say In America - Larry Elder
  • Christianity in Crisis - Hank Hanegraaff
  • Whatever Happened to Worship? - A. W. Tozer
  • When Skeptics Ask - Norman Geisler & Ronald Brooks
  • Give Me a Break - John Stossel
  • Loving God - Charles Colson
  • Grace Abounding to the Chief of Sinners - John Bunyan
  • Pilgrim's Progress - John Bunyan
  • A Guide to Spiritual Success - Tony Evans
  • The God You've Been Looking For - Mac Brunson

1 comment:

Beyond The Rim... said...

I don't know if you have ever studied Knowing God but we are doing that on my site, in case you are interested.

You are welcome to use my weekly Kowing God study, along with the study materials I have put together to help you.

http://beyondtherim.meisheid.com/index.php?cat=26